PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This is a newly created role in an exciting company. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Business Development Manager to be part of the Own.Solutions business development team and to support growth decisively all over Europe. The door is open for a great opportunity.
You are responsible for building customer relationships with convenience retail within the European region. You, as the new Business Development Manager must have energy and confidence to negotiate and close agreements with new customers and potential service providers.
You will work closely with Own.Solutions core management to shape strategic customer plans and execute them.
LEVEL OF COMMITMENT
This will be a fulltime permanent position, with the flexibility to work from your home location. Regular travel is a requirement of the role.
- Define and execute a clear sales strategy and sales plan, with a target prospect list and a goal of finding and creating new business opportunities for Own.Solutions in Europe.
- Pursue and cultivate trusted relationships with the potential customer organisations and service providers to understand their roadmap and advise how Own.Solutions can create value for them
- Define, implement and rigorously run a clear sales process that provides the business with the ability to accurately forecast new revenue whilst at the same time ensuring that delivery expectations are met
- Define and implement a process driven approach to opportunity and revenue stream identification, qualification, proposal development, management, negotiation and closure.
- New business - achievement of revenue and profitability targets (KPI)
- Customer satisfaction - appropriate customer relationship management as measured by feedback from customers
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Your passion is to inspire people: your colleagues, our partners and customers. Accordingly, it is easy for you to communicate at different levels.
- You think entrepreneurially and really want to start an exciting business
- You want to change something. In the small as in the big
- You are highly energetic and driven to accelerate the growth of Own.Solutions (it would help if you’ve experienced success in e-business and understanding of a technical platform solution).
- You are a great communicator, speaking multiple languages can be beneficial (fluency in English and German is essential)
- You have collected first experience in a junior business development / sales role preferably within the financial and e-services, financial technology, Point of Sale software industries and retail.
- You have a consultative and human sales approach – every conversation is different!
- You are a credible storyteller with the skills to passionately and clearly articulate the value of Own.Solutions
- You are strategic, methodology focussed and you have a process driven approach to sales
- You are focused on strong interpersonal skills and you have experience building strong internal and external relationships and a high degree of trust at senior levels
- You have an understanding of the e-service technology, payments industry with an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities facing the industry in Europe.
- You have analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- You are flexible, sovereign, ambitious and successful under pressure
That’s not you:
- Bureaucracy first
- Living and loving a “nine to five” job
- Big ego
- Do before thinking
- Thinking without ever doing
- Instruction receiver and boss mindset
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Energetic, positive, transparent, and engaging with a natural skill for developing relationships both internally and externally.
- Growth-oriented with an assertive and action-oriented bias, yet a team player who solicits and acts on input from others.
- Proactive and influential; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished.
- Desire and ambition to impact customer organisations.
- High integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work.
A very attractive salary based on relevant skills, bonus opportunities and other cool stuff.